2 years experience in Engineered wood or structured design
Designer for Engineered Wood Products (Greenville, SC)
Interpret residential blueprints, perform structural analysis using computer. Prepare output framing plan and/or job estimates. Create job needs estimates including quantity of materials, product sizes and costs. Answer technical questions pertaining to Engineered Wood Products. Design beams/joists using engineering and layout software. Work at all times must comply with the Company's established safety procedures. Provide support to engineered wood products' strategic growth with respect to engineering design and sales. Work with the Company's Sales organization to ensure profitable customer relationships are secured and maintained. Perform any other functions as required to meet the Sales and Marketing objectives of the Company.
Bachelor's degree or FDE/Foreign Degree Equivalent in Civil Engineering.
2 years of experience or coursework in the following:
• Application and design of engineered wood product plans
• Residential construction techniques
• Using drafting tools including Scales
2 years of experience in the following:
• Blue print reading
• Job costing
• Using organizational, planning and analytical skills
• Interpersonal communications experience
• Computer design software (e.g., AutoCad, iStruct)
• Using mathematical skills
• Working with Windows/DOS-based computer
Mail resume to Diamond Hill Plywood Co, Debra Brown, 600 East Broad St, Darlington, SC 29532.
You may apply for this position by the following method:
You can mail your resume to:
Diamond Hill Plywood Co, Debra Brown, 600 E. Broad St, Darlington, SC 29532
* This is a printer friendly version of the original page, made to save you ink and paper.